Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Whats your stance? Blog Reflection

1. Do you believe your stance clear within your poster? Defend your answer- image, fonts, color, composition, etc

Yes I do believe that my stance is clear in my poster. You can see that a high school student is holding up a large weight with all the different things that high school students are responsible for such as test/exams, SAT, ACT, parents, all nighters etc. It shows that the student has to up hold all these things and still have a life outside of school. They have keep everything balanced and they can't only manage one because then the other things they have to manage will fall. 

2. From your initial thumbnail sketches to your hand drawn draft- Do you feel you were successful in re-creating your poster idea digitally? If not, do you like the new visual outcome?

I changed my initial idea from my thumbnail sketches. I was going to have a head with sections split up in the person's mind. I changed my idea to having someone holding up a weight, which has all the different things about high school and everything that is involved with a high school student. I thought what my final idea was, a lot more clear and interesting than just a mind split up. 

3. What were the changes you made from your first version to the last version of the poster? Explain why you made those changes?

The first poster was just colors and the words that describe what a high schoolers has to go through. There wasn't really anything on the poster that had to do with the struggle of what high school students have to go through. I didn't think that it accurately represented the struggle one had to go through in order to succeed or even pass in high school. Then I decided to show how high schoolers have to go hold a ton of work load.  

4. Looking over your rubric, which category do you think your project is strongest? Explain why. 

The strongest category on the rubric is the concept of my poster. You can obviously tell that this is a high school student and there is a big weight that they have to hold in order to stay "alive" in school. The words inside the weight also show what a high school student has to go through.  

5. Which category do you feel the least confident? Explain why.

The category that I feel the least confident is probably skill because I think that I knew what I wanted to do, but I had a hard time showing off my skills. I think it could of been better skill wise, but you were able to get the overall picture and concept behind it. 

6. What was the most challenging aspect of the project, conceptually?

The most challenging concept of this project was actually picking what I wanted to use for my poster. I couldn't find a topic that I cared enough about to make a project from. Then it finally came to me, when I thought of my life as a high schooler and how we get so much work. Especially at Millennium. 

7. What was most challenging about the project, technically?

I think the most challenging technical part about this project was having all the lines connecting with each other for the big weight that the high schoolers has to hold in order to stay a float. 

No comments:

Post a Comment